Hmm been thinking

With all the similar issues when it comes to clearos (especially BCC type) I got to thinking and playing around some. What is the one thing ALL tanks in ALL mods batts have in common? Why the ego/510 connector on the batt of course. Now before you go saying this is not a clearo topic here me out.

I read a lot of leak stories, coil shorting issues due to coils being pushed up in the heads, tanks not working due to contact issues, air flow being cut off on 510 connector tanks, coils being twisted out of alignment with the wick channels and some others. in my playing around, ALL of these issues be it on protanks/minis, aspire tanks, or any other BCC (top coils don’t suffer these issues too much) can be replicated simply by compressing the center pin grommet more than .25mm (1/4 the thickness of most grommet lips) with a 95% replication rate. The other 5% is caused by bad wick or bad coil wraps or other assembly issues. Just look at how many fix these issues by not screwing the tanks down more than 1/4 turn beyond contact point, pulling out the coil head center pin slightly or flat out rebuilding with cotton and micro coils (cotton wicks still seal even when the coil moves). The latest fix on protanks being the aerotank base (which is engineered.with a specific dimension to minimize coil center pin compression I believe) that almost eliminates these issues.

Again no matter the batt/mod all these have the 510/ego connector in common, specifically the positive pin design. From an engineering stand point the design is sound. From an application (read real world) standpoint it is horribly flawed. Sure it seals the batt/elecrtonics from errant juice/condensation well but other than that its flawed. It has next to no give, does not rebound well from compression and provides many times more contact pressure than is needed. With a small redesign of the positive contact, tank makers can actually use a much stiffer center pin insulator that can eliminate any coil movement and provide a more consistent coil build. The fix is actually being used on everything from flashlights to lamp sockets and thats the simple spring contact. Now the trick is to make a captured spring in a cap that can be inserted in a seal just like the current contact design. If I can source the right size parts I can whip up a proto type in short order. THe hunt has already begun.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

There are no comments yet, add one below.

Leave a Comment